MY COMFTY FALL SOUP

I don't think to be strange i like natural favours and receipes and when I was a child there was a soup that was lovely make from my mum when temperature became colder. Now that I am a young aduld (come on I am still youn I am 29) I still love this soup, honestly i'd eat soup also in summer but in the fall is the perfect moment to taste and do it. When I prepare it, I like the fall air with amazing natural colours in the range or brown and orange, usually I start to do my year projects and plans, and i's not so fat food, it's delicious, healty and colourful (it's my ideal dish, I do bis and tris :P).


The receipe is really simple and good you need 
  • carrots
  • potatoes
  • broth
  • salt & pepper
Prepare and boil the water for boil the veggies and mix them to have a cream, it is delicious and add only a pinch of salt and pepper. IT's my cmfty soup for fall, I have other but this is the simplest.



But looking on the web there is another interesting version of carrots and potatoes soup:

Ingredients

Serves : 8 

  • 30g butter
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1.4L chicken stock
  • 5 carrots, peeled and sliced
  • 3 small potatoes, peeled and sliced
  • 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
  • 1 pinch dried thyme
  • 1 bay leaf
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 60ml double cream
  • 8 sprigs parsley











Directions

Prep:25min  ›  Cook:45min  ›  Ready in:1hr10min 

  1. Melt the butter in a large pot over low heat. When the butter begins to foam, add the onion; cook until the onion begins to turn translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the chicken stock, carrots, potatoes, herbes de Provence, thyme and bay leaf; season with salt and pepper. Raise heat to medium-high and bring to the boil; reduce heat again to low and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
  2. Pour the soup into a blender, filling it no more than halfway. Securing the lid of the blender with a folded towel, start to blend using a few quick pulses before allowing to blend continually; puree in batches until smooth. Divide into eight soup bowls; garnish each portion with about 1/2 tablespoon double cream and a sprig of parsley.

Commenti