MY SECRET PASSION: BOATS


First time I went in summer camp in Ischia I am been fashinating at first sight from boats, every kind of boats. At that time I was 14 so I figured to take nautical drive licence before normal drive license for car, well for a couple of years I keep studying on high school and dream only when I was in Bolsen's lake, port's always been a sort of magnet for me.
I started to do research to see if my hometown there were nautical school, but no schools for boats, only for car, a little bit disappointed I started to do researches on web in the near city and I was schocked, not only for the course's price but also for the boats average cost and how expensive was maintenance of it. So I said to myself maybe when you will have a family you can think about to buy a little one, but it is still a dream, but every time someone ask what I would buy if I'd be rich is buy a little boat, I'm not interested about have a giant yatch, is already expensive keep a little one.

Think for this little boat of 7.05 m lenght from 2007 the cost is €45000 (considering that now it is the average cost for a little one-two room apartment). I don't have all this money, I still don't have nautical drive license, I never do real practise (I did only for nsutical nodes in my rooms following a book I've bought several years ago).



I am been always busy with studies and work, then distance to following lessons and last but not least the price.

Let me explain better, maybe you could find a price to buy the boat but then you need to add annual costs:
place in the port on water, with electricity and other services, usually costs on € 2000/3000 for less 10 meters lenght, it became double if boat is 10 meters or more long.
Every 1-2 year you need to clean well the boat, this cost another €1000 but it permits to the boat to work well;
insurance is about €5000/6000
Taxes: depends from lenght but if your boat is more than 10 meters there are some hundreds Euros for iPossesion tax;
Maintenance and control of motor, hundreds of euros and in some case you need to add cost for extraordinary maintenance, new tech stuff for boats.

Try to imagine that you have a boat that is 9 meter and you find cheaper offerd the annual cost of boat is at leadt €4.000, but if you want to have your place for the boat in specific place, consider that a cost only for "boat parking" could be €3000-4000 without adding other costs.

Well or I decide to live in the boat or it is a very expensive hobby, so for the moment I limit myself to look boats in the ports, keep informed about what is necessary and dreaming about to have one little one day in future, but for the moment I am not rich and I still have a budget to respect.

I'm seriously thinking next year to do an holiday on a boat, there are different offershere and here (one dream destination is Greece and in 2014 i would like to visit a part of it) this could help me to do practise and at the same time it is also a good method to know new people with same interests.


Commenti