HOW TO DECLUTTER YOUR FINANCIAL LIFE


The first time I started to have a budget, one of first thing is been buy material to have all the documents well organized, basically before this decision my method was take a empty box and put all the receipts here but every time taxes declaration time arrived I wasn't ready.
I can say that my father has financial documents from looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong years ago, full folders also not necessary, the real important documents are about mortages, loan, car insurance, for the rest there is a deadline to conserve:


BANK STATEMENT
1 YEAR
BILLS
1YEAR
MORTAGE DOCUMENTS
INDEFINITELY
INSURANCE AGREEMENTS
INDEFINITELY
INVESTMENT AND PENSION DOCUMENTS
WHILE POLICY IS ACTIVE AND UNTIL YOU SWITCH TO A NEW PROVIDER
CAR SERVICING, REPAIR BILLS
KEEP ALL UNTIL YOU SELL THE CAR

If on the beginning I had a really caothic method now I have a folders for financial documents, I control quiet often my bank account balance (and I chose to don't receive paper anymore) so I am sure that I stay on my budget, I have a notebook where I write every single purchase I do daily and I can see the areas where I need to doadjustments.
BAsically I have folders with financial important documents, section are well organisez, there is medical receipts, normal bills, bank withdrawal.
Excel, notebook and calculator became my best friends during these operations.

Having every financial document well organized permits me to pay bills in time, If I notice a areas of not essential stuff I try to gift and/or to sell and put the amount that  I earn inside blinded piggy bank.

Martha Stewart Home office offers you lovely material to use, I have a second desk that became a sort of second office and I try to have everything in order, easier and clear.


LAst but not least remember to dedicate to financial documents with full stomach, with empty you can do a lot of disasters!!!

Commenti