MY CHILDHOOD MEMORIES & MODERN KIDS

Yesterday I was coming from my last favourite place...the hospital (everything went well THANKS GOD)...and I'vee met several mums with their kids and I noticed that almost all kids were uhm how to say gentle?


ok let me be honest, the 80% of kids I've met yesterday were nevrotic and cried a lot, also for really stupid things...I know that also if me and bro cried when we were childs, well we weren't so...I don't know if is because now life is became quickly busy and also if technology helps a lot, it could creates some problems...
Some days ago into newsstand I've met the mother of one of my childhood friend and we were talking about the fact that now kids at 4 have a lot of technology while when me and other were kids we spent a lot of time outside home, playing for real with each other. In my memories there weren't xbox, smartphone, internet games, we spent a lot of time playing with board games, outside games, waiting for the call from our mum...

I'm not saying that technology is the devil, I cannot because I have a remote work, I keep in touch with my foreign friends with skype (and also old fashion letters), I have  a blackberry (I've bought it for necessity for my work into real estate field but now I am glad to have it)...but I must to say that this society from a side is helping to discover new things andd new ways, but for other is creating new works, now if you need to finish soemthing important you don't ask for a baby sitter, you put kids infront of tv, it will be their baby sitter- I don't think it is wrong if you do sometimes, but I think every parent would must to try to spend quality time doing something nice, interactive...when I did baby sitter I noticed that if kids are involved inall process they prefer handworks-homeworks (aalso cleaning:P) to stay sit in front of tv...

Now with Xmas almost every city has its Xmas markets, so why don't spend a afternoon researching for gift but with your son/daughter? You can teach a lot of Xmas history, family traditions, you can also plan to create a hanmade photo album, wrapping paper with their draws and so...plus in week end usually parents don't work,s o look for interesting free events that every city offers and choose all together a new activity to try and discover.

If I think about my childhood there are a lot of things that I miss to do with my family and friends, here a little selections:
  • every sunday we visited another city, near or far...I loved Gradara's Castle, Italy in miniature, Gaeta, Ancona, MAcerata, San Marino and other cities.
  • Playing with my friends for real, we met in the gardens and play with balls until night arrived, sit in the stairs talking every saturday evening.
  • we waited for saturday afternoon to take bus ang go in the centre, the max was: eat a pizza with yur friends and then at 10 pm your parents arrived to pick you and return at home.
Honestly I know that when I'll be a mother I'll be perfectly imperfect but I'll helpto learn to him/her the beautiful side of frugal living, simply things, handworks and more or maybe between 10 years I'll be the classic mum that put kids in front of tv...


Commenti