MEETING THE AUTOR: ERICH VON NEFF

I suggested to buy the book "the cocaine whores" but I've thought that having the opportunity to talk with the author to have a interview with him, I loved worked with him and honestly I liked a lot the book "the cocaine whores"...becaue it is poetic also with cruel descriptions of scenes, vices and more...


this is what you find on smashwords.com: 

Erich von Neff is a San Francisco Longshoreman. He received his masters degree in philosophy from San Francisco State University and was a graduate research student at the University of Dundee Scotland. 

Erich von Neff is well known on the French avant-garde and mainstream literary scenes. He is a member of the Poetes Francais and La Societes des Poetes et Artistes de France. 

He has had the following publications in France (in French):

Poems: 1170

Short Stories: 152

Small press books: 6

One grant for "Prostituees au bord de la route" (Prostitutes on the Side of the Road).

Prizes: 20

Erich von Neff's novel Prostitutees au bord de La Route" (Prostitutes by the Side of the Road) was published by "Cashiers de Nuit" (1999) with a grant from Centre Region des Lettres de Basse-Normandie.
Erich von Neff's book of poems Les Putains Cocainomanes" (The Cocaine Whores) was published by Cahiers du Nuit, 1998. Les Putains Cocainomanes was discussed on 96.2 FM, Paris, 1998 by Marie Andre Balbastre, Poem #45 was read. 
Several poems from Les Putains Cocainomanes were read at the Cafe Montmarte in Paris,2010.
A Trophée Victor Hugo was awarded to Erich von Neff's novel "Une Lancia rouge Devale Lombard Street”. A tombeau ouvert," (The Red Lancia Roars Down Lombard Street), 1998.



so here some answer directly from Erich Von Neff


When you understood you wanted became a writer?
My grandfather,Walter Robb,1880-1970 was a writer and I always wanted to be like him. He certainly told me interesting stories,for instance his older brother Charles was a gun fighter and rode with the Dalton Gang for a while.
I was a graduate research student in philosophy at the University of Dundee (1980-1981). I began to write some short stories and a book of poems, Feminine Thighs Caressing. Soon I realized that I wanted to be a writer and not a philosophy professor.


Do you remember first book you wrote?
 My first short story ,Mr Coe. Was written in 1960 at. Umber 5 via Della Pergola in Firenze.Amazingly it was first published 32 years later in France.i wrote Mr Coe after riding a bicycle race in the velodrome Enzo Sacchi in Firenze.

If someone would ask "how to became a writer" what would you suggest to do?
If you want to be a writer I suggest you get a job, preferably one you like,not easy. Forget the rules, just write. I'm lucky working as a longshoreman I meet a lot of colorful people 
It is very important not to be afraid, you're going to have to say some controversial things and things your family and friends may find troubling. You're going to have to plunge ahead anyway.
Although l was only in Firenze four months, racing on the Enzo Sacchi Velodrome the Italian language lent some musicality to my writing. For example when I wrote Etruscan Night about La Bussola restaurant -later Published in France. 

Which is the best and the worst part of your job?
Since I am a longshoreman the worst day for me is when it rains. As to my writing the worst time for me is after I have finished a book. It is very hard to go onto another one.
Which are your goals already achieved and  next goals to achieve?
I would like to see some of my ballets performed such as The Women Dance on the Heads of Men/Some of Them Quite Bald. Or my The Nude Bicycle Ride of the Two Young Women. 
I really have no fixed goals though I do have several books that could be made into movies. Well see.

Here some covers of his books:


Commenti