PUMPKING & POTATOES SOUP

October is arrived and also if I am a summer lover I can say that autumn is a romantic season, plus I don't know if is because journeys became shorter but in the evening and with cold temperatures I start ot have craving for soups... I know it sound stupid but I feel there is something comfty into a soup in the evening... 
Last saturday night I went out with a friend of mine and another woman, basically our was a dinner for girls only, my friend was really craving fr a potatoes soup in a determinet pub-restaurant, waitress said that they hadn't it because was still hot, that plate is one of thing that you can find when true autumn (and cold) arrives...so I've started to think about my favourite autumn's soup and to be honest my favourite is been : Pumpkin & potatoes soup!

Receipe is very simple you need to have few ingredients in your kitchen, a mmersion blender and you'll have a great dish (at least for me it is amazing), 

INGREDIENTS:

  • pumpking ( a piece)
  • potatoes (at least 
  • some rice (this isn't obligatory)
  • salt, pepper
  • olive oil
HOW TO DO IT: 

In a large pot put water to boil with potatoes, pumking, cutted in pieces (cubes not very thinn and not very big, medium cut), add a little bit of salt in the water and if you have a immersion blender, you use it, so in the end you'll have a great cream...if you use only pumpking it usually is very poor of favour, but with potatoes is Wonderful change. 

 All the pics are from Google images because I still haven't cook thiis soup inthe season but those pics are more similar to my version!!!


In the end add some olive oil and if you like some black pepper... and 
BON APPETIT!!!

Commenti