FRUGAL SEASON: BIKING TO SAVE MORE



One of my mission for this summer is use bike more often is possible, luckily I live ina part of town where is possible do it, infact there are ways only for bike :P, I decided it because I need to add gym into my daily routine and also because bike will help me to save money , I’m going to use car only when I work in the café and for other errand use bike, foot or bus…considering that I’ve spent an average of €100/150 per month on fuel, biking will lower my fuel bill:D…gym & savings at the same time!!!
 
this image is from google images, my bike is black
I'm going to have a frugal summer and I'm going to share with you my ways:P



But when you use bike for first times is better to understand some things before:

  • Don’t forget manutention- this means that you must to control the wheels, the bike saddle height and that bycicle bell works
  • Use lights and jacket, if you use bike late night you need to have lights and wear a fluo jacket that permit to car drivers to see you
  • Wear comfty clothes- if you use bike from year you can wear heels but on first times is better to don’t wear them however you must to feel comfty and safe on your bike
  • Use bicycle path
  • Respect signals, most bikers don’t do it and became dangerous for them and others on the road, so respect signals
  • Don’t use cell phone, I’m totally agree, I don’t use phone when I drive, you must to be ready for everything and distractions don’t help you
  • BE Focused on what are you doing and remember there is a safety distance to respect
  • If you must to go in a walking area you must to walk , you must to accompany bike with your hands
  • Go slow under rain- ok I dislike go with bike when rains but you must to remember to go slow
  • Safety for kids, remember to wear helmet and protection for you and for them

 

Ok in some European cities this is more easy respect some italian cities that aren’t ready for biking people, for the moment I’m preparing my bike for this season and I’ m reading a lovely book about it  that is called “ Einstein and the Art of Mindful Cycling” that I can recommend

Commenti