SAVVY SHOPPING

I've done and I'm doing some shopping following my approved shopping list and now I'm also in a deep declutter into my lingerie, I have a lot of socks with holes that need to say Goodbye, same story for some old panties and bra, so I replaced bra with 2 new (one nude and one white), so yesterday during my evening walking I've met a childhood friend we talked a lot about work, family,parent's Healt issues (we can talk a lot about this topic), low salary and then we started to talk about fashion, savings and money...so I said her that I'm trying to be more frugal this summer still having a great social life...I have a weekly budgeting day that I love and hate at the same time, but is in this moment that I track if I am doing a good work or I need to have shopping ban period (when you are savings is good to have shopping ban into a determined field and also for a short period)...

I still like fashion and shopping but being really focused on savings, planning expenses and also shopping is essential so when my friend asked what I've bought in the last weeks I replied doing a list, small to be true and almost every friends of mine started to think that isn't impossible to be more savvy and have a good social life....
Bought at H&M in December 2015

What I've bought in the past weeks? I spend determined monthly amount on fuel, mobile phone, magazines and I'm not adding in this shopping list grocery because is essential eat but I tend to keep a budget also here, because is possible eat well and low cost ...

In June
Some shopping in June
  • flat jeweled sandals
  • 2 turquoise t-shirts
  • 1 light blue maxi bag
  • 2 pair of earrings for ex colleague birthday
In July
best investment of July
  • 1 pair of black culotte pants
  • 1 strapless decorated tone on tone jumpsuit (thanks discount sales)
  • books (having used extra income from thrifty shop is been shopping without money that is so good)
  • a lovely dress for my daughter's friend birthday
  • a new bikini (black with cherries-thanks to discount sales)
I'm doing a deep declutter into my closet, infact I noticed that I tend to wear the same clothes, but I also noticed that I hadn't outfit for elegant event so to be prepared for incoming events that want a determined dress code, I've bought in the past months a long skirt and a jumpsuit that can became casual or elegant adding sparkling accessory, my rules before buy some new cloth is: IT can be mixed with wardrobe I already have? I can use it at least 4 times? How many hours I must to work to afford it? Usually I tend to wait at least 24 hours before to buy and I tend to donate clothes that I don't wear often every 3-4 months(new piece for 5 donated)....Honestly with this rules I spend money when is absolutely necessary and also if I fall in love for a clothes I became more conscious into my spending habits....

Which are your rules for shopping when you are on a budget?

Commenti